Series 7 New to Achievable

I was told when I got the Achievable that you had a thing like Crunch Time facts like STC. I know about the Dump Sheet, but is there anything like that. My company paid for STC and I decided to give you guys a try because I wanted to get new questions and challenge myself.

2 Likes

Hi @Incredible_harlequin, Iā€™m the person you spoke with. I donā€™t recall talking about STCā€™s Crunch Time facts, but I apologize if I gave you that impression. Iā€™m not that familiar with STCā€™s courseā€¦ what are Crunch Time facts and how are they different from the dump sheet?

Itā€™s likely that we have this content already, and if not, I can see if we can create it quickly to help you prepare.

1 Like

The memory Progress on the dashboard. Does it keep track of your scores while you progress. For instance I was doing 70% in a common stock and then improved would it go up and if I did worse would it go down? Sorry for all the questions just trying to see how I am progressing? This will be my second attempt for the 7 and I really have to pass. I scored a 68 the first time and will test on April 8th. Like I said before I was using STC, and I am not knocking them, but I think most of the questions I had memorized, that is why I decided to go with you guys.

2 Likes

Yes, the memory progress will generally increase as you study, but it is also possible for it to go down with repeated wrong answers. Getting some questions incorrect is part of the learning experience, so donā€™t worry about it too much!

Since youā€™ve already taken the exam once, it might be most helpful for you to focus on practice exams and fill in any weak spots. I would suggest this strategy:

1. Take a full-length practice exam in a single sitting, just like you would on exam day
  2. Individually review any questions that you answered incorrectly or guessed
  3. Check the chapter-by-chapter summary breakdown to see if there are any overall weak areas
  4. Review those weak areas in the textbook content and take their review quizzes
  5. Repeat!

This should help you get the most from your time since you donā€™t need to review all the material from scratch.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I will do.

2 Likes

Justin,
The Crunch time facts of STC is a 6-7 pages summary with ā€œmainā€ points that STC thinks that will be on the exam or high possibility that the exam will have such content. The last two pages are usually formulae for memorization. My firm pays STC as well. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, @A11!

So itā€™s kind of a review checklist to ensure you still remember the main points?

Iā€™ll discuss with our FINRA expert Brandon and see if something like this makes sense with Achievable.

3 Likes

Can Brandon set one for 66?

3 Likes

Thank you Achieable! I pass the SIE exam today now I have my sights on the series 7. Achievable Community, I have a question. A few things about myself to help you help me if you can. Iā€™m not from the financial industry. Iā€™m making a career change into the financial industry. Hereā€™s what I have so far. I have a insurance license for property, casualty, life & health. And as I said above I have the SIE under my belt. The path Iā€™m taking as far as top off exams is series 7 & 66. Can anyone give me some advice as to how to land the right relationship / broker dealer to start my career. I wish to have a responsibility that compensate well and give me much flexibility as far as working remotely ( I have a big family ). Direction anyone?

Anakin

1 Like

Hi @Ana1! Great question.

Good news - passing the SIE is certainly a step in the right direction. While you can take the Series 66 without being sponsored by a firm, youā€™ll need sponsorship to take the Series 7. If your goal is to manage assets or sell advisory products (e.g. wrap accounts, managing assets for fees), then it might be worth it to pass the Series 66 while youā€™re looking for employment. If you plan on doing this, we have a great program for the Series 66.

I recommend looking in two general areas for job opportunities. First, youā€™ll find a number of opportunities on employment opportunity websites like Indeed, Monster, Zip Recruiter, and even LinkedIn. You should key word search for ā€˜SIE,ā€™ ā€˜Series 7,ā€™ and ā€˜Series 66ā€™ to find suitable opportunities. Jobs requiring these licenses to include them in the job description.

Second, you can also research various investment-based firms and look through their own job postings. Here are a few examples:

Again, keyword search the licenses you mentioned, and youā€™ll find numerous opportunities. See what job descriptions fit your desires and strengths the best and go from there.

Good luck with your job search!

1 Like