Passed the Series 7.... SIE next

Passed the series 7 yesterday! great feeling!!! One caveat is that I took it before taking the SIE… so now I need to take that… any advice on much overlaps? I would assume my prep for the SIE wont be nearly as bad.

2 Likes

Hey @Anthony_R, congrats on your 7!

There will definitely be a lot of overlap between the two - the Series 7 basically covers the same topics as the SIE, just in more detail.

I’d suggest that you take FINRA’s official SIE practice exam as a first step and see how you do.

If you ace it, then no need for extra studying, just schedule your exam!

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Congrats! wow you did it in reverse. You have nothing to worry about if you passed the 7 you can easily pass the SIE. It really makes no sense why they require the SIE if you just passed a 7 exam.

2 Likes

@Anthony_R how much help you get honestly from achievable. standard of question is same or more difficult in real exam?

1 Like

Thanks! Taking the SIE thursday

1 Like

To be fair… I didn’t use achievable extensively. My firm provided me with materials through another vendor. I purchased Achievable on my own to supplement my studying. I will definitely say that the question bank is more tricky on achievable than other vendors. I think comparing Achievable to the real exam is a tricky situation. That being said, I felt very comfortable going into the exam, and definitely struggled in some areas. I think the real deal is a different monster in the case of the added stress of it being the “real” test. I don’t mean to scare, but just want to be realistic about my experience.

But like I said, I did not use Achievable exclusively/extensively, but the little time I did use it (in regards to the hours I spent before using Achievable), it was definitely helpful.

1 Like