First Time SIE Exam Takers

Hi @Mass_coffee_louse, average time usage is just time spent / time allowed.

You’re allowed 105 minutes for the test, so if you used all 105 minutes, your time usage would be 100%.

I thought that’s what it’s supposed to be but I used around 38 min for each of the 2 complete tests I took…

1 Like

Hmm, I see - I checked your account and it doesn’t seem right for yours. There might be a bug here in certain situations. Thanks for bringing this to our attention - I’ve filed an internal ticket to investigate and fix this.

Update: this has been fixed!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response

1 Like

@Justin Is there any way to break down the questions I got right/wrong on mock exams into the subchapters and not just the chapter? I want to put together a review of those topics and really focus on the subtopics I got wrong

1 Like

Or at least know which subchapers to reread instead of reading over entire chapters

1 Like

Hi @Mass_coffee_louse, most of the exam questions require the application of knowledge from multiple topics, so it’s more about holistically reviewing the related content.

After taking an exam, you should go through it question by question, re-reading the textbook to ensure you have a complete understanding of every question you’ve missed or guessed. This is the simplest and most effective way to fill in the gaps in your knowledge and improve your exam scores.

I mark every question that I’m not sure of and then go through each one after the exam - even I got it right - along with the questions I got wrong. If I don’t completely understand the correct answer I do a word search in the textbook to find the section that discusses what I’m not sure about.

I just want to know if there’s any way to see what the subtopics/chapters are of the questions I got wrong so that I can put together a focused review on those subtopics.

1 Like

I took FINRA’s practice exam and came across this question:

Where is this mentioned in the the textbook? I vaguely recall something like this being mentioned but not sure where…

1 Like

Also, was this mentioned in the textbook?

I also don’t recall this being mentioned in the textbook. It does seem like a one-off type question though…

1 more sorry :grimacing::
This question implies that political risk applies to domestic investments but the textbook and quiz explanations mention that political risk usually only applies to foreign investments.

1 Like

Hi @Mass_coffee_louse - I think you already passed the exam (congrats!!!), but I wanted to answer your questions.

90 day “frozen” restrictions occur when an investor sells a stock before paying for it. We cover this concept in the deposit requirements chapter.

For the non-cash compensation question, we don’t explicitly cover a list of examples. However, the topic is exactly what it sounds like - cash compensation would be any fee or charge related to a sale. Non-cash compensation is anything else paid to a professional that isn’t strictly cash (e.g., a paid vacation).

The political contribution question, which relates to Municipal Finance Professionals, is covered in the regulators chapter.

Political risk occurs when instability in a country’s governmental structure negatively impacts an investment. While this risk typically applies to foreign countries (especially third-world countries), it could theoretically happen here. On the other hand, exchange (rate) risk occurs when an investor converts their money to another currency. Investors don’t face this risk when they trade US securities because no conversion is taking place. So, between the two answers, we have one that is unlikely to happen in the US (political) and one that doesn’t happen with domestic securities (exchange). Therefore, exchange risk must be the answer.

Again, congrats on your exam success!

2 Likes

Thanks!
I actually got a question on the exam that had to do with the $250 political contribution limit.

2 Likes

Hi! just took my SIE exam yesterday (Passed). So i wanted to thank @Justin and the whole team basically for their own product which helped me achieve that result. It’s well written, easy to follow and covers all the subjects. Looking forward to prepare the S66 with you as well. Regards!

1 Like

Hi @Joanna_Toy, congrats on passing your SIE, and thanks for the kind words :blush:

Looking forward to helping with your S66 too!

haha well, actually I’m not “Joanna_Toy” and not sure why I’m logged in as her, but anyway everything else is still valid! Regards, Joanna_Toy. :joy:

1 Like

@Joanna_Toy haha we’re experimenting with giving people random fake names as we build out more social features - check out our new onboarding page. Glad everything else made sense!

1 Like

i love to solve the questions

1 Like

Welcome @Maurice_D_Amore - thanks for posting! Glad you’re enjoying Achievable :smile: