Difference between Random Order and Repeated Drill Mode in quizzes

Hi,
I have been using the random order method for quizzes. I finally tried repeated drill mode repeatedly (no pun intended;) ) and could not notice a difference though there must be one. Would you please explain how repeated drill mode works and if I should notice a difference between it and random order? Thank you.
Emilio_Rogahn

3 Likes

Hi @Emilio_Rogahn,

The default settings for review will show you quizzes based on your personalized mastery of the concepts. It will prioritize items you’re at risk of forgetting, and items that you’ve you’re doing well on or have seen recently will be shown later. Each question is shown only once a session since reviewing the same concepts back-to-back won’t be that effective.

Selecting the randomize option will ignore the personalization and give you a random selection of questions.

Selecting the drill option allows you to see questions multiple times in a session, as it will add repeated questions up to the maximum session size. It’s often used with our math-based questions since you’ll be able to see the same question template repeatedly but with randomized variables each time. This is helpful if you’ve set a filter and want to focus on a specific concept.

2 Likes

Thank you. I tend to click on “random question order” and realize that option is not always most effective for me. I utilized a similar software platform as a professor where random questions worked a bit differently. Thank you again for the clarification.
Emilio_Rogahn

2 Likes