Are we splitting hairs with these 2 questions?

Hello, not sure if it’s me (how I interpret the answer) or how the answers are VERY similar.
Below are the 2 questions in the same exam:

Achievable

Achievable

So 1 question I felt very confident right off the bat. (The correct answer was ALL of these choices).
The 2nd question I struggled with was the one where the correct answer is “The rep must notify the firm in writing”…
I went back and forth on this one question between the 2 answers. The correct answer (above), and the one I selected ( The rep must gain written approval for this action). Even the 1st question (All choices correct), had the similar answer as one of the choices. Is it my interpretation that the word “MUST” and “REQUIRE”, are not synonymous?

2 Likes

Hi @Gavin_Harper - thanks for pointing this out. There was an issue with one of the questions that has now been resolved. Both questions depict a private securities transaction, which requires the following to be compliant with FINRA rules:

• Representative must provide written notification to the employing firm
  • Representative must gain written approval if being compensated for the transaction
  • Employing firm must keep record of the private securities transaction

Take a look at the questions by clicking your links again and let me know if you see any other issues. Bottom line - you are right with your thinking.

2 Likes

Thank you @brandonrith.

1 Like