About the FINRA category

Discuss anything related to FINRA/NASAA exams or Achievable FINRA/NASAA prep materials.

1 Like

Every time I take a practice exam, there are ALWAYS around 10-15 questions that I already knew the answer to I just misread. I feel like I really do read the question and understand but my last exam, I scored 83% (104/125) but after review, there were 8 questions that I clearly knew and understood and could’ve gotten right if I hadn’t missed it. I failed it the second time by 1 point so I’m pretty nervous and could really use some advice on how to eliminate this weakness, especially when I have to take the exams at work!

1 Like

I think the most important thing is to just slow down a little bit!

It can also help to read the question a second time in reverse after you’ve answered it to confirm your answer.

Like this:

• I picked: only listed stocks trade in the third market
  • The question asks: An investor places a trade, which is executed in the third market. What statement made by a representative confirming the trade to a customer is misleading or incorrect?
  • Does my answer make sense with the question?

You’re looking to confirm your choice, not to rethink or reanswer the whole question. I find this helps catch many errors that come from misreading while limiting second-guessing yourself.