SIE: test anxiety but passed on 1st try

Thank you, Achievable! I have test anxiety and drove to the test center fully wound tight. I had prepared and had completed 19 practice tests (most recent ones in low-mid 80’s). Exam readiness was 95% per the dashboard.

About 15 questions seemed questionable to me. Hitting the complete button was frightening, but I anxiously waited. Then, to my delight, the screen reported “PASS”.

To those of you who have similar anxiety, know that if I can do it, you can too! Onward and upward we go.

4 Likes

Congratulations on passing your SIE, and thanks for sharing your experience!

We’ll be here when you’re ready for your following exams :slight_smile:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. It gives us an idea when we get the green light to take the exam.

2 Likes

Something else I wanted to comment is I do like your approach saying that you had 15 questionable ones.

I do something similar, i.e. in practice exams I keep track how many I am questionable and how many I am confident. At the end of the exam I check and see how many of the confident ones I get right and how many of the questionable ones I get wrong.

What I found out is that I get about 90% right of the confident ones and around 55% on the questionable ones. Based on that it will give me an idea how many questions I get right.

You will find out what these percentages are for you.

You can find the percentages during the sample exams and during the exam it gives me more confidence and cuts down the agony before I press submit.

It takes about 2-3 mins from the exam but it allows me to estimate my score.
I found out that the actual score falls within +/-5% of the estimated one.

Anyway, sharing this in case it works for others.

2 Likes

I’d love to hear more about your test anxiety. I also have it as well but I haven’t had much help with it besides the fact that I know I have it. I honestly never thought it was a thing until I took a neuro-pysch test and they told me about it…

Congrats on passing!

1 Like

Just get worked up, fear the worst, think I will fail. I left home to the test center reminding myself that I did the work, studied smart, and would be proud whatever my result was. I knew passing the test was important but also knew it was not life or death.

Put your best effort forward in Achievable. Don’t doubt your answers, don’t second guess just for the heck of it. Hit submit, enjoy your passing score!

2 Likes

Specifically this is what I did that helped me manage anxiety.

1. Preparation is the most important
	 This process helped me cover the material efficiently.
   		 During the review (taking Review Questions and/or Sample Exams) 
		-Create a new list (from questions you miss or not sure) 
		 (you can copy and paste the Explanation of the question)

-I Ended up with a Review List of ~300 items
		(instead of having to review the entire material)

2. Familiarize yourself with the environment and cut down surprizes that trigger anxiety

a. Call Prometric and ask different questions you have
	(800) 578-6273 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST 
	i.e.
	-Can I go to the restroom during the exam? yes but cannot stop the clock.
	-other questions you have (they have a very good support line)

b. Prior to the the exam (a few days before the exam day)
	Drive to the center, find where to park
	avoid trying to find the center the day of the exam
	Go and find the exact place, ask prometric people any questions you might have

c. Watch the video for the day of the exam to get an idea what to expect
	https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/what-expect 

d. Schedule a "test drive" for 30 mins with Prometric if you want to see how it works
   cost $30
   https://www.prometric.com/test-drive

e. If you dont feel ready to take the exam you can reschedule or cancel
	10 days in advance to cancel for free 
	3-10 days reschedule for $40 
	https://www.prometric.com/covid-19-update/reschedule-your-exam
1 Like