Series 7 questions

Has anybody taken the Series 7 lately?

How many breakeven, max loss, max gain questions did you have? Or was it more just identifying the strategy? Thanks

1 Like

Many test takers report seeing a bit of both, and it tends to depend on the exam. Some report seeing a numerous math-based questions (on things like max gain, max loss, b/e), some report seeing numerous conceptual questions (on things like identifying strategies or market sentiment), and some report seeing a bit of both.

I recommend working on both types of questions as options are typically heavily tested. If you have specific questions I can assist with, please let me know. Good luck!

1 Like

I took it about 3 weeks ago. Mine was heavy on options in general, and split between identifying max gain/loss, as well as identifying/ recommending a strategy. Using a T chart was the easiest way to work through them for me. Also, know the different types of orders, like but limit, sell stop, and when to use them. I was surprised at the number of questions I had on them.

1 Like

Did they include spreads, combinations or coverd puts/calls? Or a little of everything. Sorry, I know it is a broad test but just trying to find as much info as I can. Thanks!

1 Like

Straddles and spreads were heavily tested. Identifying which option to use for hedging long/short stock positions. Achievable does a great job explaining the concepts, but I also supplemented with Brian Lee’s options videos. I’m a pretty visual learner. His options chart he creates was extremely helpful. It was the first thing I put on my dump sheet and it helped answer most questions

1 Like

@Schmitz1205 Did you do the whole options course he offers? I just watched the preview and saw the T chart in his first example but does it elaborate past that?

@Total_sapphire_lark i did do the whole course. He elaborates very in depth and puts it all together. His options chart he helps create for your dump sheet was a life saver on the test in my opinion