Series 7 Exam Study Material

Hello! Has anyone solely used Achievable to study for the Series 7 exam? Did it help? Did you pass? I’m having a difficult time learning option using the Kaplan material.

1 Like

I’m currently in the middle of my Series 7 & 66 studies, so I can’t speak to your specific question directly…However, Achievable was the only study source I used for the SIE, and I passed.

Regarding options, I can recommend some Youtube channels, however, they are only for learning about options themselves, not for the Series 7 or any FINRA exam. I’m familiar with options and option spreads and have been using them in my portfolio for several years, so I’d be glad to answer any questions you may have about them.

YouTube channels:

Option Alpha
Link to the Options Basics course on OptionAlpha. Kirk has a lot of videos, but I’d first just stick to the basics course. He has a website as well that you can watch them at.

ProjectFinance
Chris Butler who is now kind of doing his own thing online…he used to be a part of the TastyTrade community, where his brother Mike B. hosts several shows on options strategies. He teaches like a human robot…if you’re into robots. LOL

2 Likes

Hi there @MinorIsMajor I used Achievable only for the 7 and 66 and for the 7 I purchased the Brian Lee options course as my only supplement. It was a great mini-course for options and it paid off I had A LOT of option questions on my 7

2 Likes

Cool. I’m having a hard time with Kaplan. I plan on buying Achievable for the 7. How much are Brian Lee option videos?

1 Like

I think its like $79 Test Geek Exam Prep. I used his T chart method on nearly every calculation for the 7 and the 66 a little bit too. Drew out his little diagram right when I sat down and started the exam.

2 Likes