Question on Review/Memory Progress

Reviews Ready shows 125. If I select 25 for max question count, does that mean I will need to take 5, 25 question quizzes to get caught up? Also when would I use the “repeated drill mode” option over the “randomize question order” option?

2 Likes

Hi @Kim_Stanton, welcome to Achievable!

The default settings for review will show you quizzes based on your personalized mastery of the concepts. It will prioritize items you’re at risk of forgetting, and items that you’ve you’re doing well on or have seen recently will be shown later. Each question is shown only one time in a session, since reviewing the same concepts back-to-back won’t be that effective.

If you have 125 reviews ready, you could take 5x 25 questions or any other combination that totals at least 125 questions.

Selecting the randomize option will ignore the personalization and give you a random selection of questions.

Selecting the drill option allows you to see questions multiple times in a session, as it will add repeated questions up to the maximum session size. This is helpful if you’ve set a filter and want to focus on a specific concept. It’s often used with our math-based questions since you’ll be able to see the same question template repeatedly but with randomized variables each time. Drill mode is the most useful when you want to practice applying a particular technique.

1 Like

Does the “randomize question order” option affect the actual questions you’d receive or does it just randomize the order in which they’re shown (as implied by “question order”)?

1 Like

Good question. It effectively does both - it draws and orders them randomly from the entire question pool you have unlocked.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I was under the impression that I had to pick one of the other of the two options when I have Reviews ready. Which makes sense as to why the review number wasn’t going down as much as I was expecting it should each time I took a quiz.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Wishing you the best on your learning adventure!

2 Likes