Practice Exam timer issue

Not sure where to address this.

But one time I selected the “Practice exams” tab and then i clicked on “Take exam” However, once you click that, the timer starts when reading the instructions. However, I exited out because I didn’t want to take the practice exam. A week later I had over 6,990 minutes! :open_mouth:

I haven’t even begun question 1.

Shouldn’t the timer starts when you start the question?

Also, if I exit out before beginning question 1, the timer still runs! Shouldn’t the timer reset or cancel the exam?

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of taking a timed exam? I thought If I exit out before attempting question 1, it will cancel everything out and reset.

Anyway, thought I’d share my thoughts. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @FoxMcCloud, thanks for the suggestion.

We do it this way since it mirrors how the real exam works. Your exam ends at a fixed time after you begin it, for instance, at 6:45pm. The amount of time remaining is just a quick guideline.

Pausing the exam is a feature we’ve considered, but we haven’t implemented it yet. In any case, it’s important to practice taking the exam in one sitting just like the real exam. The mental fatigue of having to answer all the questions back-to-back in one sitting is real, and something you can train for.

You can just end that exam early and start a new one if you’d like!

1 Like