Passed SIE with Achievable

Hi everyone, I wanted to write this for anyone who might be having questions about the program or the SIE exam. I was initially given a different program by my firm that I appreciated, but didn’t like the format of it. I bought Achievable a little over two weeks before my test date just to be safe and make sure I passed the first time, which I did!

The review and practice test functions are fantastic and helped me solidify the material the most. The format of the questions on Achievable look just like the exam. Four questions in on the real thing, I thought, “Wow, this looks exactly like Achievable!” which made the testing experience already familiar. The practice tests cover all the bases and the weighting is just like the real exam as well.

Make sure you’re getting consistent practice exam scores. I was consistently getting 88/89% for five days straight before the real exam and randomly out of the blue would have an occasional 77%, which only motivated me to train harder. I wanted that score to be as close as 100% as possible, but due to time restraints, I was well satisfied with 89%. Definitely take the FINRA practice test on their website as well to prepare and familiarize yourself with the question style.

If you have doubts like, “I don’t know… I hope the content in this program is right and I’m learning it the correct way.” You definitely are. I’m that type of person where I want to make sure I’m doing something right, and learning all this content through Achievable is for sure the best way to do it. You do not have to worry about the content being slightly different or incorrect or anything like that. It’s all solid as a rock.

Trust yourself, and study hard. You really can do this. When I finally sat down to take the test, because of this program, I breezed through it. The only hard part was going back to review my answers and double-checking to see if I read every question and every answer fully. Fighting to not change answers I had a good feeling I had right the first time. Don’t forget to ask yourself “why?” this the correct answer. That will do you the most good in the long run on practice tests and on the real thing!

As for exam anxiety goes… I only started feeling confident about a week before my exam when I was getting those consistent practice scores. The calming of your nerves to me is one of the highlights of having this material, too. A lot of my coworkers were panicking about failing the days leading up to the exam, and I… honestly could not relate. That’s how good it was. I didn’t want to be cocky and say I was going to pass but… I had a good feeling I was going to pass. I was pretty calm the days before, very confident. That was before even taking it and not knowing what I was going to see. Now that I know what the exam is like? You can bet I’m feeling like I’m walking down easy street about to start learning for the 7 on here!

I would also like to advise that you learn as much as you can as well as it’s only going to help. I walked out of that test center with a passing score and a head high, but I know there were at maximum 10-15 questions I was pretty sure on, but just not completely sure? Because of the way the test goes, if you pass, you don’t get to review the questions. So to avoid this next time, we’re going to learn it all! Learn from my mistake! You don’t want to be on the real exam and not know something simple you could have avoided by honing in on something you’re not sure on instead of just ignoring it or skimming over it, or had more time to study. Again, it could have been those new test questions FINRA adds that don’t count, but we will never know!

I would also like to give a huge shout-out to Justin as well. Pretty much everyday I had a question about the exam or program and he addressed and clarified any questions, addressed the concerns I had, and is always super kind and encouraging. You definitely don’t have to worry about not being able to contact someone for some assistance on here because he’ll be there for you!

It’s safe to say that I’m using Achievable for my 7, 63, and whatever exam I need for my career in the future if it’s offered on here. I’m also a lot more at ease about this process for my job because I know that using Achievable, I’m going to succeed.

Thank you to everyone at Achievable! :heart:

4 Likes

Hi @dryden, congrats on passing your SIE, and thanks for taking the time to write such detailed feedback for other test takers!

It was a pleasure to support you as you studied, and I’m looking forward to helping you pass your Series 7 too!~ :hugs:

2 Likes