Passed SIE Today

Just passed my SIE. Thank you so much for all of the help. Fantastic resource

7 Likes

Congrats! Glad Achievable was able to help you through :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, @Close_tomato_whale! We’re so happy for your success!

2 Likes

Hi, congratulations on passing SIE. Quick question, how much you scored on the Achievable SIE practice tests before the actual test? I am assessing if I am ready to take the actual test or not. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I passed it today. I have been scoring in the upper 70’s to mid 80’s before I took it. Hope that helps.

@Chris_jeffrey Congratulations! Were the wording in the questions similar to the ones here?
Thank you

1 Like

@MIA Thank you. I would say that the wording was fairly similar. Most of the questions were knowledge based, meaning you just had to understand the topic. I only had to do 2 calculations.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff. This is helpful to boost my confidence. Thank you so much.

1 Like

On the topic of question types… I noticed that the actual exam contained none of the questions where you’re given 4 statements and asked which of them are true and which are false. I was wondering why this type of question kept coming up on Achievable’s exams and quizzes. @brandonrith or @Justin was that question style something that has appeared on the SIE exam in the past?

2 Likes

Passed last week using only Achievable to study (plus a bit of Googling/Investopedia for random questions I had that I was too lazy to search the materials for). I took 6 Achievable practice exams with scores ranging from 72 to 85. I also took FINRA’s practice exam and scored a 78 or 79 iirc.
Hope that helps. Good luck!

2 Likes

The exams are randomized, so it’s up to chance whether or not you’ll see statement questions - interesting to know that you didn’t see any in your version!

It seems like the statement questions are generally becoming less common on the FINRA exams (SIE, 6, 7), but they do seem to be still quite frequent on the NASAA exams (63, 65, 66).

1 Like

Hi @Mass_coffee_louse - we use a variety of question forms in our bank. I believe you’re specifically referencing the “I and III / I and IV / II and III / II and IV” answer sets. We believe some of these questions are in FINRA’s question bank, which is why we include them in ours. Also, this form helps test two or more concepts in one question, so we believe it is an effective question type.

2 Likes