Passed My SIE Exam Today

I just wanted to say thank you to the Achievable team and the contributors on the board for helping me pass the SIE exam.

After two weeks of studying just from the Achievable program, I was able to recive a passing grade on my first attempt.

I do come from a finance background (BS in Finance) working at JPM, so do not think that it will take you two weeks to grasp the material. Options and bonds are extremely tricky for newcomers in the finance field. I would probably recommend at least a month of studying if you are entering the field.

If you have experience in the finance field, take a practice exam before getting into the material. See where you struggle with, study those sections first, and then read the rest of the content.

For any newcomers, just follow the book chapter by chapter, take notes, take the quizzes at the end of each chapter, and ensure you do your reviews when they pop up. Review your missed questions and then move on to the next chapter.

I would say that the exam was intermediate difficulty and not really trying to “trick” you. The questions are worded in a way where you have to really know the content or you wont have a chance of answering it correctly. Ensure you are studying the reason you missed questions on the practice exams rather than just the answer. I started scoring in the mid 60s and low 70s with the practice exams and was averaging upper 80s and low 90s on the practice tests a week before the exam.

The content on the exam was pretty straighforward and focused heavily on different products and suitability. Ensure you know your products before taking the exam. There were a few basic options questions and a few SRO/SEC regulation questions.

Overall this course was a great study tool and I was never once bored throughout the whole process. The review and memory retention exercises are A1 and I cant wait to utilize this program with future exams.

Once again, thank you all and good luck to everyone! You can do it!!

5 Likes

Congratulations on your success! Thanks for your exam feedback. Your advice for fellow test takers is GREAT. You must understand the concepts and avoid memorizing practice questions.

Good luck with your next exam!

2 Likes