For soon to be test takers:
- SIE is a passable exam.
- The questions on the SIE are nothing like the Exam Questions or Quiz questions in the course. However, the constant drilling down on the different securities, characteristics, risk and uses, gives you the edge to eliminate obvious incorrect answers.
- TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST…Do at least 50 finals and a minimum of 1000 quiz questions…I’m glad I did not settle for mid 80’s on the finals…I have been scoring mid 90’s on the finals for some time and glad I pushed to that level. It gave me confidence.
- It is not an easy exam. It took me an hour to complete. You have Plenty of time.
- Slow down, read the whole question, read all of the answer choices, eliminate the obvious wrong answers.
Read the question again, the answer becomes obvious or at least makes more sense.
- The test was all over the place and was deeper than I thought. Definitions alone won’t get you a passing score, you need to know the product.
7.There were about 5 gimme’s… funny, they are the ones I double checked, they seemed too easy compared to the other questions.
- I did 2 calculations on a calculator, only because I was nervous and didn’t want to make a stupid mistake.
- TAKE THE PRACTICE TEST THAT FINRA HAS ON IT’S WEBSITE. IT’S not even like the actual test. But, if you can pass that, you have a pretty good shot.
- Last, the Achievable platform allowed me to test, read, practice ,anywhere anytime.
Because of the virus, my testing was pushed back 4 months…so I started and nearly finished my series 7…heads up…if you don’t know this stuff, the series 7 is going to be a nightmare.
Thanks for reading and I sincerely hope that this helps you. And thanks Achievable for a well thought out platform.