Getting a bit nervous for the exam

So I originally purchased Kaplan but then began to use Achievable because it made more sense the way it was laid out, the unlimited tests, etc. I have been consistently in the high 80’s and low 90’s on the Achievable practice exams. I took two of Kaplan’s practice exams and scored in the high 60’s and low 70’s. Should I be concerned?

2 Likes

I would try to get in the high 70’s or 80’s on a kaplan exam before scheduling your test.

2 Likes

Hi @Scottyswans,

You’re experiencing a fairly common situation many test takers face when switching learning platforms. When you learn material through one program then switch to another for its practice questions, there’s almost always a substantial drop in score. This is to be expected.

It goes both ways with Kaplan too. I recently was tutoring a student that learned through Kaplan, then utilized Achievable for its final exams. She was scoring high 70s and low 80s on Kaplan finals, and averaging in the low-mid 60s on Achievable finals. She ended up passing the exam yesterday while still scoring in these ranges.

I mostly agree with @Disturbing_red_boa - if you have time on your side, I recommend trying to get your Kaplan scores up. Be sure to review each practice final thoroughly so you can learn from your mistakes. If you’re scoring in the 80s and 90s on Achievable, try to get your Kaplan scores consistently in the 70s (get to a point where you never score in the 60s). Aiming for the high 70s might be a bit of overkill, but hey… if you can pull it off, you’ll be very prepared.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

I take the test on Monday, so I have two days to finish my prep. Would you focus more time on the other platform or review my deficient areas on Achievable?

1 Like

You have access to both systems, so why not do a bit of both? While I can’t help you with Kaplan’s platform, here are units in Achievable that contain the most heavily tested material on the exam (links will bring you to the first chapter of each unit:

1. Rules and ethics
  2. Bond fundamentals
  3. Common stock
  4. Brokerage accounts
  5. Primary market

The topics covered throughout the chapters of these five units will likely comprise between 50%-75% of your exam. Be sure to apply your focus to the most heavily tested areas today and tomorrow. Best of luck to you on Monday!

4 Likes