I’m super excited to have landed an interview for financial service representative at fidelity next week. It’s 9-12 months training and getting your top off exams and then in the branch after that. Any tips for fidelity and what I can expect with this role? The recruiter seemed very pleased that I passed my SIE already.
Congrats @Sylvester_Bailey, that’s fantastic!
I don’t have any tips specific to Fidelity, but in general, you should research the company and practice a few mock interviews with your friends. You don’t want everything to be scripted, but it can help to think through typical questions like:
- What made you apply for this role?
- Why did you leave your last role?
- What are your 5-year or 10-year career goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about a difficult interaction with a client.
- Tell me about a time when you managed competing priorities.
We have a blog post with some interesting community-sourced tips on finance interviews!