Failed First attempt at S6

As much as I thought I was prepared for the exam today, the suitability questions and recommendations proved me wrong. Any advice for my next attempt in 30 days? Also, I’m kind of in a crunch for time with these exams and was considering hopping into the S63 and attempting it in 2-3 weeks while I wait out the 30 days to retake the S6.

1 Like

Hi Garrett, I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve reviewed your account and have a few recommendations as you prepare for a retake.

I noticed you skipped about a dozen topics - it’s a good idea to carefully read through each page to ensure you have a thorough understanding, even if you feel the material is familiar.

It looks like you’re going through the practice exams exceptionally fast, often in just 1/3 of the time! Slowing down significantly and being more thoughtful when answering the questions would be beneficial. The wording is complex to begin with, and when going too quickly it’s easy to make mistakes. On top of that, taking more time to consider all possibilities will help you uncover weaker areas in your knowledge to guide your studies.

Lastly, and crucially, spend a few hours carefully reviewing each exam! It looks like you haven’t been reviewing your past exams at all, which means you’re likely to continue making the same mistakes. It’s helpful to see your score and the summary breakdown, but the real goal of practice exams is to uncover gaps and opportunities to improve. Think of them as a learning tool; the actual exam is the only assessment.