Embedded Videos

I love Brandon’s videos! He explains everything in a manner that is easily digestible and understandable. I wish there were more videos to watch! I learn better that way.

I do the majority of my studying from my laptop. The Vimeo videos that are embedded into the lesson don’t allow the option to make the video full screen, so often I am leaning in close and squinting to see the text and numbers in the video! would be nice if I could make it full screen… don’t know if that’s something on yalls end or Vimeo’s, but wanted to bring it up!

2 Likes

Oh! One more thing, not related to the embedded videos!

I am surprised of the lack of GameStop discussion in the short sales section of the SIE prep. Would love to see the whole GameStop event discussed and broken down in order to better understand the concepts. So many great real world examples for these concepts. Thanks for all that you all do!

2 Likes

Hey @Loose_orange_buzzard, we’re glad you love Brandon’s videos!

I took a quick look and can confirm that I’m also not able to fullscreen them. I’ve added a ticket to our tracking system to investigate this and see if we can enable it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

@brandonrith did actually make a video on the GameStop situation as well, check out Gamestop (GME) Lessons for the SIE, Series 7, 65, and 66.

Adding it to the course content is a great idea!

2 Likes

Please add closed-captioning to your video so that it can be accessible to deaf users. I am deaf and I have the feature called “Live Captioning” on my Chrome extension but it would be nice to have that available for those that aren’t tech savvy.

1 Like

Hi @FoxMcCloud, thanks for the suggestion - we’ll look into what options we have for captions as well.

1 Like

@Loose_orange_buzzard, just wanted to let you know that you should be able to launch the embedded video into fullscreen.

@FoxMcCloud, I looked into adding subtitles as well. This isn’t something that Vimeo provides automatically so we can’t integrate this right away. Providing an accessible learning experience is definitely one of our priorities, so I’ve kept our internal ticket tracking this open as we look at how else we can accomplish this.

2 Likes

If you have the original copy of the video, you can use Premiere Pro’s auto-captioning feature where it will automatically transcribe your video and add the subtitle to it.

You can then encode it and save it as a new copy to upload to Vimeo :slight_smile:

1 Like