Achievable Mock Exams Too Easy?

The full mock exams on Achievable are feeling almost too easy to me. I am concerned the questions on the actual exam are going to be much harder. The first full length mock I ever took I scored 89% and the following two I scored 93%. I do not feel this is from memorizing questions as a lot of the questions I can answer in my head without even looking at the multiple choice options.

I have concerns as when I do the questions out of the Kaplan Q Bank I am not scoring nearly as high. The Kaplan questions seem more difficult and there are several questions related to content I have never seen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Am I overthinking this and should just be confident going into the SIE exam if I do roughly 10 Achievable mock exams and consistently score above 90%? Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for reaching out!

If you’re doing well on our exams, that’s a great sign! Whereas other vendors tend to make their exams unrealistically difficult, we aim to make our practice exams as similar to the real ones as possible. Our data shows that our exam scores have a very close correlation with real exam scores.

Taking at least 5 practice exams, and closer to 10, is a solid plan. There are thousands of testable concepts for each exam, and while we weight the distribution similar to the real exams, there is naturally a strong element of randomness involved, so it’s good to have a strong base.

2 Likes

Good afternoon, Abraham. I used only Kaplan to prepare for my SIE as I had not discovered Achievable yet and was able to pass the first time. With you utilizing both, you should be in great shape to pass the SIE on the first attempt. I will be taking my Series 7 test this coming Monday the 22nd and have only used the Achievable material. I find this a much better learning experience and am hopeful that I will be able to pass the 7 on my first attempt. I realize the 7 is a hard test but I believe in Achievable and feel that I am well prepared. I may get one of those hard banks of questions and have to retake the exam, anything is possible. If I am not successful in the first attempt, I will take a short break and then hit the achievable material again. Wishing you the very best in your testing and your future in this industry.

2 Likes

I took the SIE exam and found quite a few of the questions more difficult than Achievable’s mock exam questions. Having said that, I passed on my first try using only Achievable to study - and I took only 6 full Achievable practice exams with my highest score being 85 and got a 78 or 79 on FINRA’s mock exam (In general, I do tend to score better on actual exams than their mock exams though because I focus more on the questions/choices on the actual exam but I’m kinda lazy when taking the mock exams). So you’ll definitely be fine if you’re scoring consistently in the 90s on Achievable’s exams.

3 Likes

I would tell you my SIE exam score but they only give it if you fail. I did feel adequately prepared and if I had to guess I’d say I scored in the mid 80s; it’s a bit hard to tell because there are 10 unscored questions that are not covered in the prep materials…

3 Likes