About the GRE category

Discuss anything related to the GRE exam or Achievable GRE test prep.

About Achievable
Achievable is a test prep platform built for the modern student: mobile, guided, and personally optimized. Our GRE course is written by acclaimed GRE tutor Orion Taraban in partnership with his company, StellarGRE. Orion reads and replies to topics on this forum, so if you see his Author badge, say hello!

What this category is for

• Questions related to the GRE exam and related topics
  • Questions related to Achievable’s GRE prep course
  • Mistakes or other issues with Achievable’s GRE course content

What this category is not for

• Casual, off-topic discussion. For that, please visit the Water Cooler category.
  • Graduate school, business school, or career advice. For that, please visit the Career Advice category.
  • Bugs related to the Achievable website and not the course. For those issues, please visit the Site Feedback category.

Thank you for joining our community. We’re excited to have you here and look forward to meeting you on the forum.

All the best,
Tyler and Justin

Hi! I have a question about Achievable’s semantic cluster 27 (range) category. Under the grouped words for “common people”, both the words “bourgeoisie” and “proletariat” appear, though these words are functionally opposites, with bourgeoisie representing middle-upper class and proletariat representing the poorer class.

I was wondering if this was a mistake, or if ETS does consider those words synonyms.
This is just one example of discrepancy I’ve found in the vocabulary sections, and though there are a few others I might debate, this is the only one so far that seems to exhibit a direct contradiction.

Thank you!