12b-1 fees quiz question

Practice question says max sales charge with 12b1 fees. I answered 8.5%bc question didn’t state fund was charging max 12b-1 but quiz marked wrong and said 7.25% which is only used for max 12b1 am I missing something?

1 Like

Hi @Round_purple_hyena! Thanks for posting.

You’re absolutely right. The maximum sales charge is typically 8.5%, but it’s reduced to 7.25% if the maximum sales charge is assessed. To make the question more clear, we’ll update the language in the question to: ‘Maximum sales charge for funds charging the maximum 12b-1 fee:’

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Yeah appreciate it. I know with these tests the devil is in the details so I wanted to make sure I read and understood it correctly. Cheers

1 Like

@Round_purple_hyena Thanks for asking this question, I had the same thought, so I am glad you brought it to their attention and the language will be updated.

1 Like

Glad it helped you. Good luck on exam

1 Like

Just got this question wrong as it was never updated!

1 Like

Hi @Mojo252, we did previously update the question as we mentioned, here’s the direct link:

https://app.achievable.me/study/finra-sie/quiz/H87CW#seed=FGFGY&slug=maximum-sales-charge-for-funds-charging-the-maximum-12b-1-fee

If you’re looking at a similar question that you believe could be improved, could you please send us the link to it so we can investigate and make any changes? Thanks!

Of course! I want to apologize also for how I posted the other night. I love your program and your are helping me out, not the other way around so I am sorry for that. Here is the link, I have a snapshot of it, but it won’t let me upload it for some reason.

Link Achievable

1 Like

neve mind, the snapshot uploaded.

1 Like

Hi @Mojo252, I appreciate you letting us know, I didn’t mean to come off harsh either :wink:

We have over 15,000 questions across our courses and many are subtly different, so it’s tough to know which one someone is talking about unless they post the id code, shareable url, or a screenshot. I’ve just updated the one you posted too:

https://app.achievable.me/study/sandbox/quiz/MDRG6#seed=V996D&slug=funds-with-12b-1-fees-may-not-have-a-sales-charge-that-exceeds

Thanks for letting us know about it!

No problem, have a good one.

1 Like